Time Required: 3 hours
What You Need:
- large saucepan
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 ounce cannabis
- Tupperware container with lid
- rubber band (one that will stretch around the rim of your Tupperware)
- Fill the saucepan with enough water so that when you add the marijuana it will float at least 2 inches from the bottom of the pan.
- Boil the water.
- Add the butter to the pan after the water starts to boil. Watch the pan to make sure the butter does not burn. Once the butter has melted turn the heat down to low.
- Stir the cannabis into the butter. Make sure that the mixture is simmering on low. You should allow cannabis to simmer for at least 3 hours (the longer it sits the better it will be). It is important to stir the mixture frequently, especially when it starts to bubble.
- Prepare your Tupperware container by taking 2 sheets of the cheese cloth and securing it over the lid of the bowl using the rubber band.
- Pour the cannabis mix slowly over the top of the cheesecloth and into the container. When you have poured all the mixture from the pan, carefully unfasten the cheesecloth from the Tupperware and squeeze the rest of the butter out.
- Place the lid on the Tupperware with the butter in it and put it in the fridge to separate and solidify.
- Wait until the water and the butter separate. You will know it is ready when you see the CannaButter floating on top of the water. Carefully pour the water out by pinching the sides of the Tupperware. You should be left with the block of CannaButter.
As long as you use an airtight container or storage bag (plastic wrap works, too, if sealed tightly), your CannaButter will keep in the fridge for several weeks or in the freezer for up to six months. It is a good idea to separate into individual doses or measurements first, especially if freezing.